Work Visa Canada, Immigration to Canada – International Permanent Residency and the NOC

By | May 7, 2022

How to apply Work Visa Canada, Immigration to Canada, International Permanent Residency and the NOC The Canadian Government issues two different types of work visas: Work Permits and Temporary Resident Visas (also known as Work Visas). A Temporary Resident Visa allows a foreign national to visit Canada for three months or less. If the purpose of the visitor’s trip includes employment, the individual must apply for and obtain permission from Citizenship and Immigration Canada before traveling to Canada.


The first step

To get a work visa in Canada you must first have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer. Once you have that offer in hand, you can begin your path to permanent residency through your employer. This route is known as an employer-sponsored visa.


Finding out if you can immigrate as a skilled worker

The good news is that if you’re a foreign national who meets all of these requirements, then you’re eligible for immigration to Canada! You can complete our free assessment form or contact us. Here’s what happens next: 1) Your work experience will be assessed by the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system. 2) If you meet all of these requirements, we’ll submit your profile for review with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). 3) After CIC approves your profile, we send your file over to IRCC (Immigration Refugees & Citizenship Canada), who will begin processing your application for permanent residency.


The second step – Preparing your application package

Once you have made your application you will receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) letter. You should be able to see that all necessary information is there. Remember your case officer has never met you before – they don’t know who you are or why you’re applying for citizenship. The only thing they have is what’s on your application package. If it doesn’t contain enough information they may request more documents from you! It’s really important that you make sure that everything requested is included in your application package because otherwise your application could be delayed or even refused due to missing documentation.


Submitting your application through Express Entry

This is a system managed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada that allows eligible skilled workers in certain immigration categories to receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence without having a job offer. The selection process is merit-based, meaning applications are ranked according to point totals given for such criteria as education level, work experience, language proficiency, age etc. Candidates with sufficient points may then be invited to apply for permanent residence.


Third Step – Invitation to Apply (ITA)

If you have a match with a possible employer in your field of expertise (NOC 0, A or B), you are eligible for an ITA. As long as you meet all other requirements for obtaining permanent residency (such as having enough money and passing medical exams), once you have an ITA from IRCC, along with proof of employment from your potential employer, you will be able to apply for Canadian permanent residency. You may also find that some employers will offer to cover some or all of your application fees when they make a job offer; contact us if that’s something that interests you.


What’s next?

If you’re applying for an international permanent residency visa to immigrate to Canada or if you want to obtain a Canadian work visa (often called an employment-based visa), your first step is completing a National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill type evaluation. This will allow you to determine what occupations qualify for Canadian immigration and also provide specific detailed information about qualifying occupations such as job duties and education requirements.


The fourth step – Applying for permanent residence

Once you are eligible to apply for a permanent resident visa under a specific program, you must submit an application for permanent residence along with proof of your eligibility. Once you’ve submitted your application, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will review it; if everything is in order, CIC will ask IRCC to schedule an interview at one of their offices abroad. CIC encourages applicants to attend in person wherever possible; being able to answer questions directly makes interview prep easier. When it comes time for your interview, remember that they aren’t there just trying to make sure you have all your i’s dotted and t’s crossed—CIC officers also want a chance at getting acquainted with you as a person.


Note Regarding This

If you’re already a Canadian citizen or you don’t intend to work or live in Canada full-time, if you have a previous Work Permit or if your occupation is listed on BOLA (meaning it can be filled by foreign workers), then you are not eligible for an NOC. In these situations your best option is usually to seek out a job with a company in your home country that will sponsor your PR application.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.